Second medical opinion
- Check that prerequisites are met
- Complete questionnaire
- Submit documents
What persons insured with CONCORDIA can expect:
- An objective and unbiased second opinion by a chief physician or senior physician of the Lucerne Cantonal Hospital.
- The basis for this file assessment is your existing examination findings (for example, X-rays, CT scans, MRIs, and blood tests).
- You will receive the second opinion within 14 working days.
- A clear result: confirmation of the planned treatment or alternative treatment suggestions.
- For persons insured with CONCORDIA who have PRIVATE, SEMIPRIVATE, LIBERO or GENERAL Hospital Insurance, CONCORDIA will assume the costs associated with the second opinion if it is applied for on this website.
Practical instructions for completing the form
- Allow about 30 minutes to apply for the second opinion.
- The greater detail you use to describe your health situation, the more meaningful any second medical opinion will be. If very little detailed information is available, a second opinion might not be provided.
- Have your medical documents ready. If you do not have any or all of your medical documents, first request them from your doctor.
- Your data will not be stored if you cancel the application.
If the first treatment recommendation for your current symptoms has been made by a doctor from Lucerne Cantonal Hospital (whether from the Lucerne, Sursee or Wolhusen site), a second opinion from Lucerne Cantonal Hospital will not be appropriate, as it may raise conflict of interest issues. In this case, please contact CONCORDIA: +41 41 228 09 94